Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Darling Alteration: Bow Cropped Top!

I have been eying cropped tops for awhile now either through Pinterest or simply through online clothing sites. I am completely obsessed with their cuteness! With high waisted shorts in style for the summer I cannot help but to love the edginess cropped tops add to an outfit.


I took an old top I did not wear anymore because I did not like the way it fit, so I decided to cut it in half, hem the bottom and make it into a cropped top. Simple as that! The only semi-complicated thing was making the big bow to attach to the front.

I apologize the top is so wrinkled. Haha I threw it in a bag with a ton of other clothes I've been meaning to get around to altering.

1. Lay the top flat and even.


 2. Fold the top in half, or however cropped you want it to be, and then cut the top in half.



3. Hem the bottom of the top by folding in twice.


4. For the bow, which is optional, I used the bottom half of the top I cut to make it. I cut off the original bow because it was too thin and I wanted something that would make a statement. With the bow I made I had to iron the wrinkles out.



5. Align the bow however you would like on your cropped top and then sew it on. It doesn't have to be perfect because it's on the inside and nobody will ever see! :)



The finished cropped top!



I wore this lovely newly altered cropped top with my high waisted destroyed shorts I made from thrifted jeans. Here's my tutorial if you're wondering how I made them!

I rarely ever put my hair up, but the humidity is extremely horrible in the south and it destroys anything I try to attempt on my hair so I relied on a simple side bun. Definitely a look I will do all throughout summer because my hair needs a long rest from all of the heat. Haha.







Definitely my go-to outfit for this summer! For breezy nights wearing an oversized cardigan would be lovely as well. :) 

21 wonderful thoughts:

  1. loely look!! the top is awesome!!
    http://inyasuniverse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect way to try out this trend! I've been eyeing cropped tops as well, but haven't taken the plunge. I think I may need to revamp a top I already have and give it a go! I followed you with GFC and Blog Lovin. Hope you can follow back!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    PS~ I have a giveaway going on now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the final product! wish i knew how to sew. and thank you for commenting and following on GFC. I have followed you via GFC and Bloglovin'. hoping you can follow back on Bloglovin' too. & looking forward to your next update.

    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/visa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute DIY, hun.. and look fabulous.. totally ready for summer! Hope you're enjoying the rest of your weekend.

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love ! I loooove :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the top! The bow adds a super cute girly touch :)

    --Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit!!! ♥

    I'm your newest follower!! (:

    XOXO ♥ Kia

    http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, the top is so cute! You can pull-off any outfit :)
    By the way, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!! :)

    A Day In The Life Of Mel: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. waw, I love that top on you! It looks so girly! I'm following you now ;) <3

    xx,
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute top! can't wait to try making my own :)

    Jessi

    www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so crafty and talented! I love this top. (:

    ♥ Sierra xx
    @ Stylishly Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your top! I cant believe you altered that thing by yourself, you did an awesome job.

    Christine
    www.trendenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, it looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely adore this top!! your are so talented <3
    nice to meet vietnamese bloggers from all over hihi

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job - looks soo cute - and this color suits you perfectly!!

    Anete.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That top is lovely! I love that you had the idea to change it into a crop and add the bow to the front, it looks so great! Enjoy your this great DIY result!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're brilliant. I absolutely love this!

    xoxo Sarah Beth
    Caring Cowls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is so cool, you are so crafty! The top is so adorable for summer.

    I am loving your blog, following you on Bloglovin now! :)

    Louise
    Vanity Corner // Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your outfit! beautiful top!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your style and your hair! :)


    http://www.befashionx.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena