Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lovely Tutorial: Destroyed Cuffed Denim Shorts & Lace Pockets

I've been lahvinggggg the lace pocket trend as of late. Like I've mentioned in my 'yours truly' I'm seriously 'lace crazed' without a doubt-- no questions asked. For this look it adds a certain flair to a pair of destroyed cuffed denim shorts. Sooo fun!



I didn't have a pair of shorts I wanted to work with therefore I took an old pair of jeans I didn't wear anymore and turned them into destroyed cuffed denim shorts. Believe me, it is super easy and error free no matter how you cut them! I'll start out by showing you the process of making the denim shorts.

These are the supplies you'll need: pair of scissors-- preferably a dull one if you have one on hand because it'll give the shorts the destroyed look, razor, pins, needle and thread. You don't even need a sewing machine for this! Awesome, eh?!


Find a pair of old jeans you don't wear anymore. I've had these for years and they were just stuffed away in my closet. Side note, the jeans look a lot darker than it actually is because I cut these last night and didn't have natural lighting when I took the photos. The jeans are actually a blue color.


Be sure to have a surface you can cut on-- I used a cardboard poster board from the Dollar Tree. Take your razor and start cutting low enough to where you can cuff the shorts. We don't want to end up with super short shorts, ladies. ;) I prefer using a razor because it'll give the shorts the destroyed look with the frays and fringes. After cutting the front and back take your scissors and cut the two sides of the seam the razor didn't cut through and cuff them. If you just want the cut off look don't cuff them. Simple as that.


The destroyed process is pretty simple as well and optional of course. Take your razor and slice horizontally-- you'll have to go over the same area and slice a couple times before you can make a cut but this will enhance the destroyed effect. Then start slicing vertically on the same destroyed area. After you're done pull at the raw edges on the cuts and the cuff to complete the destroyed look.


The results:




Now... you can stop there if you love the way the destroyed cuffed shorts look on you. I decided to sew lace on the back pockets to give it a cute alternative flair.

Find a lace pattern you really like and cut it into the shape of the back pockets. I left about a centimeter on the edges so I can fold it under to give it a clean and non-fraying edge. Take your pins and pin the lace down like so. It doesn't have to look perfect because when you sew you can hold the lace down and fix it as you go.


Take your needle and thread and start sewing. You don't have to be a professional sewer to do this because you can't see the thread on the lace-- so I didn't worry too much about sewing in a straight line either. I did the best I could to keep it straight though. Sew all around the pocket.



And taa-daaa the results:



I wore a fuschia silk pleated tank top and a cognac belt with these shorts. I love the casual chic feel of this outfit. So phenomenal! :)












2 wonderful thoughts:

  1. So cute, I will definetly try this!!

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Go to my blog to find out more <3 Have a great day!

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena