Inspiration for all things pretty ♥

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lovely Tutorial: Lace Flutter Sleeve Top

Lace has got to be my most favorite fabric (and one of the best in my opinion) to sew with. You can't mess up since the fabric folds so easily and resists scrunching up from my experience although it looks as though it's a hard type of fabric to sew, it's really not. So, for this design I used the fabric from the remainder of the lace maxi dress I previously made-- err curtain to be exact. I LOVE loose fitting tops as you can tell, I've made several in my last couple of posts. There's something about lace that even the simplest of tops turn out elegant and pretty. I decided to make a lace flutter sleeve top to enhance the flow of the loose fit to add to the existing elegance. This was one of the easiest tops I've made thus far and it's definitely one of my favorites.



All you need to do is cut out the pattern for the neckline after folding the fabric in half like so:


Cut a piece for the front and for the back. Open up the fabric and start hemming up the edges by folding it in twice. After the front and back piece are hemmed around all of the edges sew the two pieces together at the shoulder. This will be the result-- it looks like a big rectangle with a hole in the middle.



For the sleeves I sewed together the front and back only about 3 inches up from the bottom of the shirt.


Anddd then you're done! This is what the top looks like flat on the ground, but when you wear it it looks like flutter sleeves because of the loose square fit.


I put this baby on with a white tube top underneath, a pair of mint pants of course since I can't ever get enough of colored pants, and gold chandelier earrings.







Easy peasy, right? I imagine myself frolicking through a field of grass in this top. It's so dreamy and whimsical. Haha. :)



3 wonderful thoughts:

  1. Looks great!! I think you have given me some inspiration for some material I have here!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am super happy to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely matched with the mint pants! Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, darlingggs! :)

Powered by Blogger.

© Classy Peach, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena